You are viewing das_sporking

The Sporkings of Das Mervin and Company - ~Project K~ {Leon S. Kennedy} Pt.13 True feelings

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile

Links
TOC Posting Format
Spork Suggestion Box
Das Mervin's FAQ
Sporker FAQs
Chatterbox Forum
Das Sporking Tag List
Twi.Spite.Fic
Anti-Bella
ZeldaQueen
Sue Assassins
SOS Sporkers
Kippur Critiques
The ShinRa High Sporking
Verprose
Das Sporking TVT Page

June 13th, 2013


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
hatterreloaded
11:34 am - ~Project K~ {Leon S. Kennedy} Pt.13 True feelings
So, considering what little scene happens towards the end of this chapter I'm putting a TRIGGER WARNING. It's another of those scenes that starts and then peters off before anything serous happens but because I have no idea what everyone in the comm has dealt with in their life and what things might trigger something I'd rather be safe than sorry. I'll be sure to post a warning break before and after the scene just in case as well.

Before we get into that giant mess, however, I'm going to introduce a few counts and hope I can remember to stay on top of them. beacon80 has been counting them in the last few chapters (even going back to make sure they're correct as he did so) and adding them in the comments. I'd rather like to try and keep my hand at them and bring attention to the counts, if only because they're already so massively high as it is. So, the counts;

DO YOUR FUCKING JOB - considering Karla loves to boast about her Sergeant Major status and has yet to pull through with showing us how she got that rank, this count is for whenever Karla sits back and does nothing that she rightfully should. This would include letting Ashley get into danger, putting Ashley into danger, letting Leon do all the work, etc. etc.

ACTION, WHAT ACTION? - this count is going to be used for all the times that Gabby15cancer decides to start an action scene and then skip straight to the end of it.

SECOND-PERSON OMNIPOTENT - this count will be used whenever we are told something that Karla and by extension, the ready should have no knowledge of. This includes times when Karla points out what a character is thinking or feeling or, such as a past chapter, knowing that she was being injected with something.

Now, I had already said Beacon's been doing a marvelous job of taking these counts in the comments so these are the tallies he's come up with to date;

DO YOUR FUCKING JOB: 13
ACTION, WHAT ACTION?: 8
SECOND-PERSON OMNIPOTENT: 17



~Project K~ {Leon S. Kennedy} Pt.13 True feelings


What?! We're only halfway through this in a four part series! That's far too quickly for two people who KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ONE ANOTHER!

“Ah! Come on!” you shouted.

“Wow.” Leon commented.

“Eep!” Ashley hid behind Leon.

"Eep?" Did I really just see that? Fucking really?



You three entered a large room where there was a line of Illuminados just waiting to kill you. On either side of you was shallow pools of water, how you wish you could just drown yourself in them.

How I wish you would do that as well. Sadly you must make me suffer more by continuing to exist.

Also, I have no earthly clue where these guys are at anymore in this castle. I wish we had some amount of detail but that's apparently like trying to make a horse drink water at this point.

But of course Leon would protest against that first.

“Matelos!” the head honcho dressed in red shouted the command as they all closed in on you.

You sighed and loaded your shotgun while counting the many enemies. “10.” You muttered as Leon nodded and took the first shot. Just as the two of you took down half of them more came out from the side doors and some were coming up from the back.

These actions scenes are all so boring... In fact, I'm going to give it a point

ACTION, WHAT ACTION?: 9

Because not only did she introduce a scene where there could be tons of action packed in, Gabby merely hand waves all that potential away by skipping straight to the part where more come rushing out. Though at least now I have a reference point for where they are in the castle. It's an area where Ashley is needed to crank up the stairs and afterwards the sections of floor to get out while Leon defends her from the zealots.

That was when you had an idea on how to get out of here.

“Leon! Follow me!” you shouted as you grabbed Ashley’s arm and the three of you ran to the back and down some stairs before coming upon a metal door and going through it.

Dude! NO! You haven't run around the area, you don't know what it looks like! YOU'RE PULLING INFORMATION OUT OF YOUR ASS JUST TO GET THROUGH THE PARTS IN THE STORY THAT DON'T PERTAIN TO LEON AND KARLA MAKING EYES AT EACH OTHER AND THIS IS BULLSHIT! HOW WOULD SHE KNOW THE DOOR WAS BACK THERE! HOW WOULD SHE GET AN IDEA INVOLVING ANYTHING SHE DIDN'T KNOW WAS THERE! HOW! WHY! THESE ARE NOT QUESTIONS BUT STATEMENTS OF DISBELIEF.

Considering we've got no way of knowing just how Karla-Sue would have known how to get out without first examining the area between attacks I'm giving it a point.

SECOND-PERSON OMNIPOTENT: 18


“Aha! Motion plates!” you screamed as you ran and stood on one as Leon followed your example.

How did you even know what those were?

SECOND-PERSON OMNIPOTENT: 19

That was when you heard a low rumbling above you and instantly you knew that was the key to get out.

NO! FUCK YOU! NO! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO KNOW THAT! THIS IS THE AUTHOR MERELY MAKING HER SELF-INSERT AS KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT EVERYTHING AS SHE IS AND IT CAN'T WORK REALISTICALLY IN SOMETHING LIKE THIS! IT CAN'T! IT CAN'T! FUCK YOU! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFJKADSJFASKLFJWEKJSKLFJASDKLRFJAKLDFJAKLJGFKSAJFKASDF

SECOND-PERSON OMNIPOTENT: 20


Before stepping off the plates and headed towards the door, the Illuminados came bursting through with weapons from the medieval era ready to kill you.

“Out of the way!” you shouted before shooting them and then grabbing Ashley as the here of you headed back up the stairs to find that in the middle, near the stairs was a crank.

You have found the crank. Will you take the crank?

You and Leon looked at each other then at Ashley as she suddenly got the idea, and then more Illuminados started coming up the stairs, “Okay I’m winding the crank.”

As she was busy being useful

The Ashley bashing isn't even subtle. It's like those Kairi-haters in Kingdom Hearts, who make no move to hide their dislike of her and will do everything they can to downplay anything Kairi can and will do while making their own fan-character/self-insert seem almighty and amazing. It's ridiculous and a really immature thing to do as a writer.

you and Leon took care of the oncoming Illuminados side by side.

“Hey Karla.”

“Hey Leon.”

“My offer still stands you know.”

“What? My number or taking me out?”

“Both.” He says shooting one in the head following another shot that destroyed the parasite.

“And you’re telling me this now? Why?”

“So you won’t forget.”


Look, I know I'm pic-spamming a lot but really there's no other way to respond to these things! You just have to have a visual to along with it!

And you know what's even more sickening? Done correctly, Leon flirting with someone in a dangerous situation like this can be rather sweet. It could be a way to help the person he cares for to keep their mind off of the terror or to keep them motivated to keep pushing forward. Here that's all pissed away and it's really kind of bland to read over.


You snorted and as soon as Ashley stopped a bridge of stairs dropped in front of you and the three of you ran up. Looking around the second level you noticed a large pool of water a couple of feet ahead of you.

“Hey look! There’s another crank Karla!” Ashley shouted as you nodded and Leon got the hint. They ran over to one of the small lifts to climb over as Ashley perched up on Leon’s back giving her a boost.

You turned back around to find a face in yours’.

“Ah!” you shouted before kicking the Illuminado and killing it instantly.

akfjakljrwa3i8urfweaifjawk5r3jwkfjaskljr 132iofgzsinvdzjkrtwakfdaskljfd - and yes, that is my response to that! Don't judge! I'm also tempted to give it a point but because Karla actually did something I'll resist the temptation. Still, for a Sergeant Major she's not doing an awful great job at keeping her back away from her enemies, is she?

You looked back over at Leon and saw that he was using the rifle to kill the Illuminados who were on the third level trying to get Ashley.

“Hurry please.” You mumbled as you began to feel light-headed from an unknown source.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally entering the double doors ahead you collect some ammo and such as you also buy stuff from the Merchant.

FUCKING SCENE JUMPS AGAIN! WHY DO YOU DO THIS? WHY IS THIS NECESSARY?! STOP THIS BULLSHIT IMMEDIATELY! I DEMAND IT!

ACTION, WHAT ACTION?: 10


“Seriously,” you began telling the Merchant as Leon sighs. “How do you get here before us?! And another thing how come they don’t attack you!?”

They don't attack the Merchant because he's a Plagas-infectee, too, you dumb fuck.

“Come on Karla.” Leon says while grabbing your arm and dragging you down the corridor.

“No! Let go! He… needs to… answer my… question!”

This. Isn't. Relevant. It's not! You can't justify that it is! It's not even funny! It has no purpose being here at all but to be useless filler!

I'm going to give this a point for the following reason; she is a Sergeant Major tasked with getting Ashley back home safely. Instead she's putting all of that on hold just to harrass the Merchant.

DO YOUR FUCKING JOB: 14


you paused in between words to try and break free from Leon’s grip only to find that he wasn’t letting you go anytime soon.

“Goodbye lady stranger!” the Merchant shouts down the corridor the three of you were walking in.

“Bastard.” You mumbled.

Suddenly Ashley begins to cough, and while she pulls her hands away she is disgusted to find blood on them.

Actually, she was more horrified to find blood on her hands. Get it right. Then again, asking you to get anything right canonically in this fic seems to be asking too much anymore.

Leon let’s go of you while he looks back at Ashley.

“You okay?” he asked her, concern filing his voice.

“I’m fine just leave me alone!” she says while lightly shoving him aside and running further down the corridor.

“Ashley!” he calls after her.

‘Watch, this girl is going to run down and some trap will be set off. And once she thinks it safe, BAM! She’ll get caught in a trap.’ You think while watching Leon go after her.

Just because you make your fan-character stay or think what she thinks is going to happen before it happens DOESN'T MAKE IT FUNNY! In fact, if that's what you think is going to happen then why aren't you doing anything to prevent it?

DO YOUR FUCKING JOB: 15


And what do you know?

As soon as Ashley ran metal spikes came up from the ground threatening to hurt Leon and ultimately it cut him off from reaching her. Ashley freaks out as she is now leaned up against the wall…and just as you had predicted three metal straps pin Ashley to the wall.

“What’s going on?!” she screams before the wall turns around to the other side.

“Ashley!” Leon shouts again as you sigh.

Once again, Karla has no emotional reaction to the person she's supposed to be protecting getting placed into danger yet again. She never does. This is not the mark of a good person nor someone who should be on an escort mission - it's not even the type of person Leon would really fall for. Leon is the only one concerned for Ashley's well-being. The only person we've seen Karla worried about was Leon and it's almost always brushed aside quickly. This fact only makes it more obvious that Karla only cares about herself and getting what she wants. WHICH IS NOT WHAT MAKES A GOOD SERGEANT MAJOR.

Fairness be damned, I think this deserves another point because of her sighing in agitation that her charge has been put in more danger.

DO YOUR FUCKING JOB: 16


{Snipping the next bit of dialogue as it's canon. Salazar contacts Leon instead of Hunnigan to taunt Leon some more.}

“Oh and by the way Mr. Kennedy and Ms. Smith I hope you don’t mind that I let my miserable insects out for some fun.”

“Good I’ll be looking forward to it cuz boredom kills me.” Leon replies as you roll your eyes at his cheesy pun.

“Goodbye Mr. Kennedy and of course Ms. Smith I hope you two die.” Salazar laughs as he loses communication.

“Damn it!” He growled and looked back you, eyes narrowing as though he suspected you to fall into a trap.

I could only hope that would happen so naturally it won't.

CONSIDER THE TRIGGER WARNING IN EFFECT HERE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

“Leon calm down, we’ll find her…again.” You added after the pause as he huffs and walks towards the door on his left. “Damn fuck me for saying crap then.” You muttered and thinking he didn’t here you, you went after him through the door.

“If you insist.” Was all you heard before the door closed behind you and soon you found yourself pinned to the slimy wall by… Leon’s own body?




You breathing heavily now, you swallowed thickly as you felt your arms being pinned to the wall above your head.

WHY!? WHY?! WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?! THIS SCREAMS OF ALL THE RAPE! THIS IS CREEPY! THIS IS UNNATURAL! WHY IS THIS BEING WRITTEN ABOUT?! WHY DID THE WRITER ACTUALLY POST THIS IN HER MEMO BEFORE THE CHAPTER?!

So will Leon finally admit that he loves you now? or will it be you telling him? Warning: Evil parasite infected Leon...hot!

HOW DO PEOPLE NOT REALIZE THAT SOMETHING LIKE THIS IS CREEPY AS HIGH FUCK?! HOW?! I DON'T UNDERSTAND!

“Leon, what are you doing?” you asked confused. You looked from your arms to his eyes as you gasped seeing that his eyes had taken on a red color.


“You said to fuck you for saying something, so I will.”


Thank god Zachary couldn’t hear that, “It was a figure of speech, let me go.” Part of you like this for some odd reason.

“No, I don’t think I will sweetheart.” You could feel his hot breath in your ear as he spoke those chilling words. “You’re mine now.”


It had to be the parasite right? That was what was making him like this.

WHY ARE YOU JUSTIFYING THIS?! IF IT'S THE PARASITE THAN IT WOULD BE DOUBLE-RAPE BECAUSE NEITHER OF YOU WOULD HAVE WANTED THIS! WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE FUCK! WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!

You exhaled again and bit your bottom lip as you felt Leon kiss along your jaw line to your chin before stopping about a couple of centimeters away from your lips. “Don’t.” you whisper breathing heavily.

“If you want me to stop, then push me away.” He responded looking at you and you realized the red in his eyes disappeared long ago.

“I can’t.” you admit and it wasn’t because of your arms pinned to the wall it was because you actually didn’t want him to stop.


“You don’t want me to stop.” It was more of a statement than a question.

“Yes, I don’t.” you admitted.

NO! NO! FUCK YOU! YOU CAN'T JUST DO THAT! YOU CAN'T MAKE THAT COMPLETELY RAPE-TASTIC AND THEN MAKE IT FLUFFY! YOU JUST CAN'T! DO YOU NOT REALIZE HOW FUCKED UP THAT IS?! HOW DO YOU NOT REALIZE HOW FUCKED UP THAT IS?! YOU KNOW WHAT?! FUCK THIS!



TRIGGER WARNING ENDED

He smiled and soon after he connected his lips with yours as his hands, lowered your arms down slowly as you wrapped them willingly around his neck, pulling him closer to your mouth.

His hands rested on your hips as he deepened the kiss the way that you had done before, he licked your bottom lip with his skilful tongue which made you sigh lightly in pleasure.

He was kissing you deeply now and hungrily as though the next room you two entered would be your demise, and you two would never have an opportunity like this ever again.

Why the hell did we need three paragraphs of the kissing?! Also, ASHLEY IS IN DANGER YOU STUPID BIMBO DID YOU FORGET THAT?!

DO YOUR FUCKING JOB: 17


Leon then pulled away leaning his forehead on to yours eyes closed, “It’s not fair.”

You furrowed your brows at the statement, “What’s not fair?”

akfjasklfaweifawfjklszjfkaswj5r24jtgfa WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS MY ETERNAL HATRED AND RAEG

Leaving the next bit unsporked, mostly because I just cannot find the words to rebut it but also because it's that fucking stupid all things considering.


“I told myself that I wouldn’t be romantically involved with you. It was too dangerous, it would put you in danger, but ever since the Raccoon City incident I knew I had to have you.” He confessed and you wanted to say something, but you found that you couldn’t. “I want you Karla, I want you to be mine and I know it sounds selfish but it’s the truth. I know the consequences too, and how hard it would be to be with you but I don’t care anymore I need you. You’re the only person that matters to me and the only person I truly care for, ever since Raccoon City when I first saw you hiding there, in the darkness waiting for me.”


“Yes I was.” you began as he opened his eyes to look at you. “I knew that if it wouldn’t be Zachary saving me, it would be someone else that I could trust. I was beginning to lose all hope and I actually considered taking my own life…but I knew I couldn’t do that; I couldn’t hurt Bethany or Zachary like that. And when you came through that door Leon, the moment I first heard you calling my name I knew, I knew I would fall in love with you.” You confessed to him and that was all he needed to hear as he wrapped his arms around your waist and he kissed you deeply before pulling away.



I'm actually really confused as to where this all came from, guys. This is literally straight out of left field. At no point did we have this build up that Leon and Karla had any sort of budding feelings for one another in Raccoon City. It's forced. In fact, it's taking away the fact that Leon and Ada were the ones who felt for one another.

“So, what will we do about this?” you say turning away from him blushing madly.

He chuckled while cupping your chin making you face him, “Let me take care of that later, trust me when I say that we will be together one way or another.”
You nodded as he kissed you lightly on the lips again.

“Let’s find Ashley…again.” He said as you grinned at him.

“It’s actually because of her that we found each other again.” You pointed out.

“Yeah we owe her that much.” He agreed.

FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FIRST YOU MAKE LUIS A PLOT DEVICE TO DRIVE IN LEON'S JEALOUSY AND KNOW ASHLEY'S BEEN REDUCED TO A PLOT DEVICE TO FORCE YOU TWO TOGETHER! SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK MY NONEXISTENT DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!

As you two begin to walk though the slimy hallway you then found out that you two were in the sewer tunnels. You began going in deeper and as soon as you two inched closer there was a loud slam heard followed by the water being disturbed by the pattering of someone or something scurrying in the tunnels coming near you.

“Leon.” You whispered to him pulling out your pistol.

“I know stay near me.”

She is a Sergeant Major, you know. Or at least, she continues to claim that she is. She should be able to take care of herself in this situation not have to rely on Leon. Again.

DO YOUR FUCKING JOB: 18

As soon as he said that something invisible came and kicked you in the chest making you fall back into the murky water.

“Karla!” he turned to you and soon enough he brought out his TMP and began shooting at the invisible creature until finally it shrieked dying on the floor.

“What the hell was that?” you questioned as Leon pulled you back up on your feet.

“The insects that Salazar was talking about.”

Guys, I really hate to say it but that trigger warning and the almost-rape situation that happened in this chapter? It's not done. The Suethor brings it back at least two more times - once during Project K and again in one of its sequels.

DO YOUR FUCKING JOB: 18
ACTION, WHAT ACTION?: 10
SECOND-PERSON OMNIPOTENT: 20


Previous | Table of Contents | Next

(11 comments | Leave a comment)

Comments:


[User Picture]
From:raxistaicho
Date:June 13th, 2013 05:22 pm (UTC)
(Link)
What the fuck was that!? D: How the hell do you even WRITE SHIT like that that and act like it's romantic or sexy?

And otherwise... why the hell didn't the Plaga act in-character? If Leon's Plaga was behaving as it should it would have throttled Karla and spared us all this misery! T_T
[User Picture]
From:hatterreloaded
Date:June 13th, 2013 06:03 pm (UTC)
(Link)
How the hell do you even WRITE SHIT like that that and act like it's romantic or sexy?

I'm honestly just as baffled as you are! That wasn't remotely sexy or romantic, it was creepy and triggering is what it was!

And otherwise... why the hell didn't the Plaga act in-character?

It actually happens again, when Leon's Plaga acts up and takes control briefly again and I touch base on it there, but you're absolutely right. The Plaga has homicidal tendencies and their way of procreation is by laying eggs, not by sex. So by all rights the very rape-y scene above shouldn't have even happened at all!
[User Picture]
From:raxistaicho
Date:June 13th, 2013 06:48 pm (UTC)
(Link)
And it would have been far better like that, in more ways than one.
[User Picture]
From:Kelsey Estes
Date:June 13th, 2013 06:55 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Why is it that all Suethors seem to think it's sexy when a potential love interest pins the girl down and forcibly kisses her? What the hell is so sexy about that?! It's fucking creepy! I can easily say if something even remotely similar happened to me in real life, my first instinct would be to get the hell away!

Seriously, is that desirable to them? Maybe it's because the majority of these authors are teens/preteens and they don't really understand the importance of consent, and that if someone tries to kiss you without your permission, it is definitely not okay.

This just has me steamed because I see this in nearly every fic I come across. I really wish someone could get through to these Suethors and explain this to them, otherwise I fear they may find themselves in some incredibly uncomfortable situation and won't have any knowledge of what to do because they're misinterpreting what's going on.
[User Picture]
From:guardians_song
Date:June 13th, 2013 08:22 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Submission fetish.

Cultural ideals equating masculinity to strength, forcefulness, and insensitivity, which leads to a man pinning (strength) his love interest down by force (forcefulness) and kissing her against her will (insensitivity).

Also 'If I didn't initiate it then I'm still a good girl' cultural fucked-uppery.

Outright rape used to be popular in romance novels - see "bodice rippers" - and general abusive behaviors still are today.

You asked?
[User Picture]
From:Kelsey Estes
Date:June 13th, 2013 09:24 pm (UTC)
(Link)
All the CAPS RAGE in the world is not enough to express my sheer hatred of this fuckery.
[User Picture]
From:lang_ea
Date:June 13th, 2013 10:08 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Why is it that all Suethors seem to think it's sexy when a potential love interest pins the girl down and forcibly kisses her? What the hell is so sexy about that?!

Yeah, and in my experience, my face winds up HURTING (thankfully, it's not that I was pinned down or anything, I just had a moment where a really shy guy--who I asked to kiss me--just thought that darting forwards and kissing me hard was a good idea). I mean, ladies? The best kiss of all time IMO is from Dracula 1979. There's nothing to compare a guy who'd actually tease your senses and is actually DELICATE about the way he'd treat your face.

Plus, a zombiepocalypse is also a pretty bad time to get kissed without your consent when you're in a middle of a high-infection zone. Especially if Karla was supposedly a survivor (I mean HELLO?! KARLA! YOUVE BEEN THROUGH THIS BEFORE!).

Plus, yeah. Notice if we ever change the genders here, people would actually be confused or find it a little odd? Because we don't normalise guys having their personal space/consent violated.
[User Picture]
From:beacon80
Date:June 13th, 2013 10:59 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I'm reminded of when Katara is telling Aang about how confused she feels and how she wants to just set this aside for now and deal with Ozai, and Aang kisses her. Instead of melting, though, she chews him out for not listening to what she just said.
[User Picture]
From:beacon80
Date:June 13th, 2013 11:04 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Wow, apparently I got that DO YOUR FUCKING JOB counter in just in time.
(I also ended up getting the OUR HERO counter started in Shadows and Secrets. Is this my thing now? To convince sporkers to do counters?)

On either side of you was shallow pools of water, how you wish you could just drown yourself in them. But of course Leon would protest against that first.
Not sure which is worse: the completely random suicidal thoughts, or the fact that her big motivation not to is that Leon would stop her.

but ever since the Raccoon City incident I knew I had to have you
This really falls flat on its face. Not only is it completely out of nowhere, but Leon didn't even recognize her. The girl he "had to have" had to tell him he knew her in the first place!
[User Picture]
From:hatterreloaded
Date:June 14th, 2013 01:51 am (UTC)
(Link)
(I also ended up getting the OUR HERO counter started in Shadows and Secrets. Is this my thing now? To convince sporkers to do counters?)

Haha! It's your calling!

Not sure which is worse: the completely random suicidal thoughts, or the fact that her big motivation not to is that Leon would stop her.

Both are equally bad, I think.

This really falls flat on its face. Not only is it completely out of nowhere, but Leon didn't even recognize her. The girl he "had to have" had to tell him he knew her in the first place!

Oh my god, I forgot about the fact that he had to be reminded!
[User Picture]
From:sissyblade
Date:June 15th, 2013 01:36 am (UTC)
(Link)
OH.
MY.
GOD.

Okay, let me breathe. I don't want to explode while typing. BECAUSE I EXPLODED WHILE READING THIS CHAPTER NUMEROUS TIMES. And my sister is a witness to that.

Granted, if this were any other badfic, I'd laugh at the red string strangling (because I'm guilty of writing that in the past), BUT NEAR RAPE = LOVE?!

*promptly explodes*

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com